Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Last Memories: Catherine's Silent Cry

I felt a prick in my heart,
As if struck by countless dart.
How it throbbed in sorrow;
I need you, in all my tomorrow.

Undergoing temptations and trial;
My face hidden, under a black veil.

Clear vision turned blurry,
Nose flushed pink and puffy.
Tears streamed across my cheeks.
All I could think of - was a deep sleep.

The rain mourned for her death.
In our black attire,
we bade a tearful farewell.

My throat tightening,
causing me to breathe in difficulty.
Choking by my own saliva,
breathing was made harder.
Suffocation and hyperventilation;
I've never felt such intensity.
I held my breath tight,
sealing my lips with gloved hands;
Hoping my best to be unheard.

I fell on my knees facing her tombstone.
The frills on my dress,
now splattered with dirt.

"Please, don't leave me."

No comments:

Post a Comment