Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Short Story: Bloody Chick!

  I turned over the question paper. Suddenly, my mind went blank. I could not concentrate from all the distractions. 'Sigh. I studied about this last night!' I wished the class wouldn't have to be dead silent.

  It all started last week, it was a gloomy dark night. The lightning struck across the sky. It gave out a blinding flash of light. The impact was so loud and strong that it shooked the house. I could just feel the vibration under the sole of my feet. After that, the rain poured like there was no tomorrow. I was home alone waiting for my family to come back. They paid a visit at Granny's place back in Singapore. I didn't tagged along because I would be having my trials next week Tuesday. I stayed at home to study instead.

  I glanced at the clock and read the time. It was already 11:00p.m. What. That was fast? I thought I saw seven a moment ago. Like they always say, 'time flies when you're having fun!' Well, it's not all fun for me at all. I am stressed about up coming trials which was only around the corner! I flung the papers aside and said, "I can't take it anymore! All those stress is making me hungry." Then I went to the kitchen to make myself desserts. Haha. Get it? When you're stressed, you make yourself desserts. I mean.. desserts and stressed are the opposite of each other.. Nevermind.

  Hmm.. Not into sweets. I change my mind. Maybe I'll make dinner. As I was chopping the chicken, I heard a loud knock on the door. It went Bang! Bang! Bang! I was so frightened by the knock that I screamed and dropped the chicken on the floor. The chickens blood stained my clothes and its blood oozed out and made a puddle on the floor. I took the knife with me as a weapon in case a theive tried to break in from the front, thinking that no one is home.

  Then I went to get the door. I opened the door slightly slowly while holding the knife close to my chest pointing upward. As I opened the door all I saw was pale faces. My family was terrified at my appearance and screamed in horror. Their limbs turned numb and red faces  discoloured into pale. One of them fainted, which was my aunty. Then my brother said to me, "Jeanelle!!! What have you done?!" Then I said "Nothing?!" Then my dad said "Why is there blood all over your clothes?!" Then I said "I was cutting halfway until I heard the door knock!!!" They said "Cutting who?!" I said "The chicken!!!" They all went dead silence. Then I was confused. Then my dad said, "Just get the grill open, we have to get your aunty inside." Then my brother hold onto her legs and my dad on the other side lifting her underarm. They nealy drag my aunty all the way inside.

  After a few hours later my aunty woke up in a shock screaming "Jeanelle killed somebody!!!" There was a long silence and then we broke in laughter.

:-P From one of my old essays. Edited. My English teacher laughed at me when she hand back my papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment